Part 1: Where to find photos on your Samsung Galaxy S9
Part 2: How to view images on your Samsung Galaxy S9 phone
Part 3: How to move photos into a folder/album
Part 4: How to save S9/Edge photos to SD card
Part 5: How to Manage/add/delete/backup S9 photos on computer
Part 6: Transfer Photos from old phone to S9/S9 Edge
All the photos and video files you take or receive or download on your Samsung Galaxy S9 are saved in the Gallery app.
- Just tap the Gallery app in the app tray on the home screen of S9.
- You can find photos a couple different ways in the Gallery app. When you are in the Gallery app, go to the top left corner to tap on the title with a down-pointing triangle. Then, you can see there are four options: Time, Albums, Events, and Categories.
- All the photos are categorized by the day or the places they were taken or added. Albums can be created manually or automatically. The categories shows media sorted by type. The layout of the album also can be customized and you can also share album to other people or other platforms.
People Also Read:
The 6.2'' Super AMOLED display of your Samsung Galaxy S9 is a great way to enjoy your photos and share them with other people, such as your friends and families. You can view images and photos on your S9 one at a time or as a slideshow, just according to your own preference.
To see one image at a time: Just find the image you want to view, tap it. When you click on the image, it allows you to zoom in and out.
To see a series of images as a slideshow: Tapping Slideshow on the top of the image you are viewing, you will be popped up with the next image in chronological order, every few seconds.
With more and more photos are saved on your S9, your phone gallery would become more and more cluttered, which makes it difficult to manage photos on Samsung S9. The most direct way to solve the problem is creating new albums or folders on your phone and categorize your photos into different albums. You can follow the steps below to move photos to different folders manually.
1. Open your S9 and go to the Gallery app. When you are in the Gallery app, you will see all the existing albums are displayed.
2. Enter the album from where you want to move photos.
3. Click on the Add folder icon to create a new album on your Samsung S9. The methods of creating new albums may differ with different phone models.
4. Give a name to the new folder and choose to create it.
5. After the new folder is created, you can select the photos you want to move into the new album and copy them manually.
6. You can also choose the photos, go to its options to move them. If you choose to drag the photos to the new folder, you will be received a dialog, which asks you whether you want to copy or move the pictures from the original album, just tap Move.
Sometimes you may find the phone memory is insufficient because you have stored so much large photos and videos and apps on your Samsung Galaxy S9. Thank god, Android device has an SD card slot and allows users to expand the memory up to 400GB. Then, how to save your photos from S9 memory to an SD card?
Move existing photos on your S9 to SD card: To transfer photos from your S9 phone storage to SD card, you just go to the Gallery app and select the photos you want to move. You can click on "Select All" to choose all the photos at once. After that, you should go to its option and choose Move or Copy your selected photos. Go the SD card (DCIM folder) and paste the selected photos here.
Save photos to SD card acquiescently: If you do not want to copy photos to SD manually, you can set the SD card as the default storage location for photos, so that newly got photos will be saved to SD card automatically.
Coolmuster Android Assistant, or Android Assistant for Mac is able to help you manage Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Edge photos on computer effortlessly. With it, you can import, export and delete S9 photos and pictures on your computer. It can also transfer files between Samsung Galaxy S9 and computer, including contacts, SMS, call logs, music, videos and more. Below are the detailed methods on how to use Android Assistant to manage, backup and delete S9 photos on PC or Mac.
Android Assistant is fully compatible with Android OS and computer system. Now, it also provides you with trial version to have a free try.
Preparation: Install Android Assistant on your computer
Click the download buttons above to get it installed on your computer. After the installation, you can launch the program, connect your Samsung S9 to the computer via a USB cord. The program will detect your S9 phone and you may be required to enable USB debugging on your phone at first. After
Start to Manage Photos on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Edge:
After the program detects and displays your S9 on its screen, you can go to left side bar to choose "Photos" category so that you can enter the photo managing window. Now, you can start the photo management:
* Transfer photos from computer to your S9: Click "Add" button from the top menu, browse from the pop-up file browsing window to choose the photos you want to transfer from your computer to S9 and click "OK".
* Export photos from S9 to your computer: Mark the checkbox in front of the photos you want to transfer to computer, and then click "Export" button from the top menu. Choose a location on your computer to save the exported photos.
* Delete photos from S9: Select the photos you don't want any more and click "Delete" button from the top menu.
The last section of this article will tell you how to transfer photos from an old phone to your new Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Edge. The best tool to perform the transfer is Phone to Phone Transfer. It can transfer every type of data from old Android phone or iPhone to the new S9/S9 Edge, including contacts, text messages, call logs, apps, photos, videos, music, etc. It is fully compatible with Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, Huawei, Motorola, ZTE, Nokia and more mobile phones and tablets.
With 3 simple steps, you can transfer photos from old phone to Samsung S9/S9+. First of all, you should download the Phone to Phone Transfer on your computer and then follow the steps below to transfer photos from old Android phone or old iPhone to new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.
Step 1: Run Phone to Phone Transfer on your computer
After you have installed the Phone to Phone Transfer, launch it on the computer and you will see its primary interface as follows. Just choose "Phone to Phone Transfer" mode to go to the next step.
Step 2: Connect two phones to the computer
Connect your old phone and new Galaxy S9 to the computer via two USB cables. With the both devices connected, Phone to Phone Transfer will detect the two phones and show all the transferable content in the middle.
Step 3: Transfer from old phone to Samsung S9
Specify the content to transfer from your old phone to your new Galaxy S9 device. After that, you can simply click "Start Transfer" button to move them all from your old phone to your new Samsung Galaxy S9.