- Posted by a user in Apple Discussions
Due to an increasing number of network users, sometimes we may find the Wi-Fi network is unstable in our residential area. It could be dispiriting, especially when updating your iPhone over Wi-Fi.
Luckily, this post illustrates how to update iPhone without Wi-Fi. Read the following four solutions to update iOS without Wi-Fi stably if this situation perturbs you.
Part 1. Can You Update iPhone without Wi-Fi?
Part 2. How to Update iPhone Software Using Mobile Data/Hotspot
Part 3. How to Update iPhone Without Wi-Fi on iOS 14/15 via iOS System Recovery (Hot)
Part 4. How to Install iPhone Update without Wi-Fi with iTunes
Part 5. How to Download iOS Updates without Wi-Fi via IPSW Online (Not Recommended)
Bonus: How to Update iPhone through Wi-Fi?
You may wonder: Can I update my iPhone without Wi-Fi? The answer is yes. Do you need Wi-Fi to update the iPhone? Although Apple restricts iOS updates over mobile data or hotspot, you can still update your iPhone to the latest iOS 16/15/14/13/12 if you don't have a stable Wi-Fi connection.
Please note that your iPhone needs to connect to networks other than Wi-Fi. Go further to the following content to learn how to update iPhone without Wi-Fi easily.
Updating the iPhone to the latest version always needs an internet connection. You can try using mobile data first to fulfill the upgrade.
Before proceeding with the steps below, ensure that you have enough cellular data left this month. Otherwise, it will generate extra fees. Also, make sure your iPhone has more than 50% battery left, or it may stop halfway.
How to update iOS with cellular data?
1. Switch on the cellular data on your iPhone and open the Settings app.
2. Click General > Software Update. If there is an available update, tap the Download and Install button and follow the on-screen prompts to download the software.
3. After downloading, click Install Now to install the update right away.
Note that your iPhone's screen will turn black and show the Apple logo during installation. Once finished, it will restart and require the passcode. Enter the passcode, and you can use the latest iOS version now.\
Maybe you need:
Planning to transfer your photos from a flash drive to an iPhone? You can refer to this article.
Searching for a way to transfer music to your Google Pixel phone? Then, you can browse these suggestions here.
The best way to update iPhone without Wi-Fi is using the powerful software iOS System Recovery. As an alternative to iTunes, it works on a computer and allows you to downgrade or upgrade your iOS devices to a supported iOS version. Besides, it also fixes various iOS system issues, like boot loop, battery drain, Blue/black/red/white screen of death, etc.
The highlights of iOS System Recovery:
* Upgrade your iPhone/iPad from iOS 11 to iOS 12/13/14/15/16.
* Downgrade your iPhone/iPad from iOS 16/15/14/13 to iOS 12/11.
* Beta version supported.
* Fix many iOS system problems: Disabled/irresponsive iPhone, no service, verifying update, stuck at Apple logo/DFU mode/recovery mode, iTunes error 4005/4013, etc.
* Easy and safe to use without data loss.
* Work well with almost all iPhone models (iOS 16 compatible), such as iPhone 14/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
How can I update my iPhone 11 to iOS 16 without Wi-Fi?
Note: We advise you to take a few minutes to back up your iPhone before the update. Once done, begin with these steps.
1. Install and run the software on your computer. Next, select the iOS System Recovery module on the interface.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable. If asked, click Trust on your iPhone. Then, tap Start on the program to move on. Select the Standard Mode and hit the Optimize button when you reach the configuration interface.
After that, the program will display the device information. If incorrect, pick the correct information from the drop-down list.
3. The app will show all the iOS versions your iPhone can update to. Pick one version from the list and tap Next to download the firmware and upgrade the iOS version.
You may like:
How to Undo an Update on iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/8? (Proven Tips)
Troubleshooting for iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update (Reasons Mentioned)
You can also update your iPhone via iTunes. Note that it may cause data loss. Thus, you'd better back up your iPhone data before continuing.
How to update iPhone without Wi-Fi?
1. Open iTunes on your computer and use a USB cable to connect your iPhone and the computer.
2. Click the iPhone icon at the upper-left corner and tap Summary on the left panel.
3. Click the Check for Update button > Download and Update > enter a passcode if prompted. Wait until your device updates.
How can you recover deleted WeChat chat history on your iPhone? That's easy. You can use these methods in this post.
How do I fix the Move to iOS transfer interrupted issue? Let's take a look at this article.
Another way to update your iPhone without Wi-Fi is downloading and installing the IPSW file to your device. It's straightforward but risky. And it may fail in many cases. Therefore, I don't recommend it.
To update iPhone without Wi-Fi on a computer:
1. Open the IPSW website on your computer and download the IPSW file compatible with your iPhone.
2. Plug your iPhone into the computer via a USB cable and open iTunes or Finder.
3. On your Mac, press the Option key on the keyboard and tap the Update button together. On your Windows PC, tap the Shift key on the keyboard and click the Update button simultaneously.
4. Choose the IPSW file you downloaded for your device and let iTunes apply it to your device.
The following instructions explain how to update iPhone wirelessly. Ensure a stable Wi-Fi connection on your device before moving on.
1. Plug your iPhone into a nearby power source and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Open iPhone's Settings > General > tap Software Update. If you see two available software update options, select the one you want to install.
3. Click the Install Now button. If it displays the Download and Install option instead, click to download the update and hit Install Now after confirming with your passcode.
Note: If you tap Later when a new update is available, you will get two options - Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you select Install Tonight, plug your device into a power source at night, and it will automatically update overnight.
Can you catch me on how to update iPhone without Wi-Fi? For a safe and easy update, I highly recommend you try iOS System Recovery, which is easy, fast, and secure to use. Moreover, it also fixes more than 32 kinds of system problems on your iPhone if needed. How user-friendly it is!
How to Fix iPhone Won't Restore Problem with 6 Ways?
How to Fix an iPhone Stuck on Loading Screen? (iPhone 14 and iOS 16 Supported)
Full Guide on How to Fix iTunes Error 4005 or iPhone Error 4005
How to Fix Email Disappearing from iPhone 14/13/12/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max? (Solved)
How to Fix the Safari Not Loading Websites in iOS 14/15/16 Issue?
iPhone Calendar Disappeared: How to Recover Calendar App & Events on iPhone?