Are you going to get a new iPhone 13 Pro but are upset about how to transfer your phone number to the new iPhone? As the foremost data on your old iPhone, phone number is indispensable when migrating files to the new iPhone. We will guide you through the address book migration with the most explicit instructions here. You won't go through anything tricky during the whole process.
Before Switching iPhones
Part 1. How to Switch Phone Number to New iPhone via Coolmuster Mobile Transfer (One-click Option)
Part 2. How to Add My Phone Number to New iPhone via SIM Card
Part 3. How to Move Your Phone Number to a New iPhone with iCloud
Part 4. How to Get your Number on a New iPhone during Setup with Quick Start
Bonus Tip: How to Put a Phone Number on a New iPhone when Switching to a Different Provider?
Below are a few things you need to pay attention to before transferring your phone number to a new iPhone.
Once you are ready, you can switch iPhones and add the phone number to the new iPhone.
Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is the easiest way to transfer the phone number from an iPhone to a new iPhone. The program will automatically transfer contacts and other data between iPhones on a computer once the program detects your devices. And it won't erase the existing content on the target iPhone.
Key features of Coolmuster Mobile Transfer:
* One-click to transfer contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and other content from one iPhone to another.
* Easy operation & fast speed.
* Not overwrite the existing data on the target iPhone.
* Support all iPhone models with iOS 5 to iOS 15, like iPhone SE (3rd generation)/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
How to transfer my phone number to my new iPhone in one click?
1. Install and open Coolmuster Mobile Transfer on your computer. Then tap the Mobile Transfer module on the interface.
2. Connect both iPhones to the computer using suitable USB cables and click Trust on each iPhone if asked. When the program detects your iDevices, it will show Connected under the device images.
Note: The old iPhone should be in the Source position. If needed, tap the Flip icon to switch them.
3. Check Contacts and other files you wish to transfer and tap the Start Copy button to start the file syncing process.
You may like:
iPhone doesn't save contacts on a SIM card. However, if you already have some phone numbers on the SIM card, you can import them to your new iPhone via the SIM card.
How do I transfer my numbers to a new iPhone using a SIM?
1. Switch off your old iPhone and use a SIM card pin to eject the SIM card tray.
2. Remove the SIM card from the tray. Then, eject the new iPhone SIM tray with the same SIM ejector.
3. Place the SIM card into the new iPhone's SIM tray and ensure that the SIM card fits the slot perfectly.
4. Place the SIM card tray back in the new iPhone and power on your new iPhone.
You might need: If your iPhone cannot be turned on, can you retrieve your photos? This guide will tell you the answer.
You can also use iCloud to sync your phone number to a new iPhone. Ensure that you have signed in to both devices with the same Apple ID and password and the Contacts option is enabled on the old iPhone. Then, you can follow the steps below to add phone numbers to the new iPhone.
How to transfer the phone number to a new iPhone without a SIM card?
1. Open the new iPhone's Settings > tap your name > choose iCloud.
2. Switch on the Contacts option. If it asks you whether to merge the local contacts or not, click Merge.
3. Wait for the phone numbers to be synced to your new iPhone.
Tips: Want to update an iPhone without Wi-Fi? You can try these methods.
Suppose that both iPhones run iOS 12.4 or higher versions. In that case, you can transfer phone numbers and other content to the new iPhone during setup with Quick Start.
How to transfer the phone number to the new iPhone 13 via Quick Start?
1. Turn on your new iPhone and connect it to a nearby power source.
2. Place your old iPhone close to the new one. When a popup appears on the old iPhone and asks you whether to use the Apple ID to set up your new iPhone, click Continue.
3. Wait for an animation to display on the new iPhone's screen. Next, hold your old iPhone over the new iPhone and put the animation in the viewfinder center.
4. Wait for a message to alert Finish on New iPhone. If you cannot use the old iPhone's camera, click Authenticate Manually and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
5. Enter the old iPhone's passcode on the new iPhone if asked. Later, follow the on-screen prompts to set up the new iPhone's Face ID or Touch ID.
6. When you reach the Transfer Data from the old iPhone screen, click Continue to start the syncing process.
7. Keep your devices near until the data migration process is over.
You may also change to a different service carrier when switching to a new iPhone. In such a case, things get a bit complicated. First, you need to check the current service contract to see whether it has additional restrictions on transferring the phone number. Then, contact your service carrier and tell them your situation.
It may charge a bit if you wish to keep your phone number, especially when under a long-term contract with your provider. Anyway, don't cancel your current service unless you talk to someone. Or, you will lose your current phone number without a chance to migrate it.
At the end of the article, you know how to transfer phone numbers to a new iPhone in four ways. Meanwhile, you may have difficulties selecting one way to help you migrate contacts to a new iPhone. From the above description, you may easily find that Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is the easiest and quickest way to migrate.
On the contrary, Quick Start and the SIM card way are complex to handle, and the iCloud syncing speed relies on the network condition. All in all, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is the most worthwhile way to try.