"On my new iPhone 11 with iOS 13, there isn't a Trash or Deleted Folder in email. I have gone to the email settings and checked the deleted box, but it still doesn't show up? How do I get a deleted box or folder?"
- Posted by Flyer05 in Apple Discussions
Accidentally lost or deleted important data from your iPhone? Many iOS users are now having problems locating the iPhone recycle bin since there is a similar trash bin on a computer to store unwanted items temporarily. Is there an iPhone garbage bin? Where and how to access trash on iPhone? This post will resolve these questions in great detail. Let's check together.
Part 1. Is There a Deleted Items Folder on iPhone? Where Is Trash Bin on iPhone?
Part 2. How to Empty Trash Folder on iPhone or iPad?
Part 3. How to Get Back Deleted Files on iPhone?
Bonus Tips to Avoid Data Loss on iPhone Again
Let's discuss the two questions one by one.
1. Is there a deleted items folder on iPhone?
It's no. Unlike a Windows PC or Mac, an iPhone or iPad does not have a trash folder to save temporary files deleted from your device. However, there's a recycle bin to hold deleted files in some apps for you to find back within 30 days, like Photos, Notes, Mail, and Files.
Therefore, if you don't want to lose your precious data, you'd better take a regular backup of your iPhone or iPad.
2. Where is trash on iPhone?
As we mentioned above, you will find a separate trash folder in apps like Photos, Notes, Files, and Mail. Generally, you can find the files deleted from the app within 30 days. If you cannot find wanted files from the trash bin, they may have expired and been removed forever.
This part tells you how to check trash on iPhone and empty the trash folder inside the following app step by step.
In Notes App
In Mails App
In Photos App
In Files App
What if your contacts disappeared from your Android phone? If you are eager to find them, please browse this guide.
Read this guide if you are unable to download photos/videos/documents from WhatsApp on an iPhone.
Here are four possible methods to find the deleted data back to your iPhone with or without backup.
If you have backed up your iPhone before data loss, you can restore the deleted files from the iTunes backup. Note that it will overwrite the existing data on your iPhone.
1. Run the latest version of iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
2. If asked, unlock your iPhone and click Trust on it. Then tap the iPhone icon when it appears in the iTunes window.
3. Click Restore Backup under the Summary tab and pick an appropriate backup file according to the date.
4. Tap Restore to sync the backup content to your iPhone. Please keep your device connected before the syncing process is over.
Check if you need: Even if your iPhone can't be turned on, you can recover photos from it with 3 possibilities.
Likewise, you can also restore the deleted files from iCloud backup if you have previously backed up your iPhone data to your iCloud account.
Let's see how it works.
1. Unlock your iPhone and open Settings > General > Reset.
2. Tap the Erase All Content and Settings option and confirm the operation. After erasing your device, it will restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set it up as new. When you reach the Apps & Data screen, tap the Restore from the iCloud Backup option and pick the most recent backup file from the list.
4. Click the Restore button to restore the iCloud backup file to your iPhone fully.
Note: This way will also erase all the existing iPhone data.
If you have lost significant photos from your iPhone, you can first check the Recently Deleted folder in the Photos app to see whether they are there. Note that the Recently Deleted album keeps the deleted pictures and videos for up to 30 days before removing them forever.
How to look at trash on iPhone?
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the Albums tab at the bottom and then pick the Recently Deleted album.
3. You will see all deleted photos and videos there. Select the pictures you wish to restore and hit the Recover button. After that, it will restore the photos to the Photo's original album.
You might like: It is viable to recover photos from an iPhone without backup. Let's check it out.
Suppose that you have made a backup of your device with iTunes before. In that case, you can also restore the deleted data from iTunes backup via Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery. Unlike iTunes, it allows you to preview and restore the items you wish to get back and won't erase the existing data on your iPhone.
The highlights of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery:
* Restore deleted data from iTunes backup file to a computer, including contacts, messages, message attachments, notes, note attachments, calendars, photos, voice memos, etc.
* Back up the existing data from the iTunes backup file to the computer.
* Recover the deleted contacts and messages from the iPhone to a computer without backup.
* Preview all data on the interface and pick the desired files to recover or back up.
* Wireless iPhone trash recovery without connecting your iPhone to the computer.
* Support all iPhone models (iOS 5 to iOS 16), such as iPhone 14/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
How to get deleted data back to iPhone selectively?
1. Download and open Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery on your computer and select the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode on the left panel. Next, select a backup file from the list and tap Start Scan.
Note: If you cannot find the file you want, hit the Select icon below to choose the iTunes backup file from other customized folders.
2. Choose the data types you wish to restore on the data selection interface and hit the Start Scan again.
3. After scanning, click the file type you want to restore on the left window, preview and tick off the desired items on the right window, and tap the Recover to Computer button to restore them to your computer.
Although you have a chance to find the deleted data back, we always recommend you take action to prevent data loss in the future. Below are some useful tips for your reference.
Now you understand that there isn't a standard iPhone recycle bin to preserve the deleted files temporarily. However, you can find the deleted data back via the above methods. To restore files from iTunes backup, you can directly select Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery, which is more user-friendly, secure, and reliable than using iTunes. Of course, you are also recommended to regularly back up the iPhone data to prevent unnecessary data loss.
If you have something to let us know, feel free to leave a comment below.